Monday, April 7, 2014

Con Review: Emerald City Comic Con

It has been just over a week since Emerald City Comic con, but I had to head up to school pretty much right after con, which then, of course, I got sick again… super fun.

Okay, back to ECCC. I went all three days with my friend Amanda and my Dad joined me for some of Saturday.
Friday I started out by getting everything ready to take a picture with Eliza Dushku. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the process, you must buy a ticket to get a picture with any celebrity. After that you wait until the time slot they have and line up, usually people begin lining up 20-30minutes before the time slot because if there isn’t a line the celebrity will leave and not do pictures for the session. Pictures with Eliza were really good, she was super nice and said she liked my Buffy the Vampire Slayer shirt~. 
After pictures I walked around and looked at art, I was dressed like Faith from Buffy, which not a lot of people got, but that’s okay cause I found a Spike cosplayer! 

Also I got to check out a lot more of the con than I have in the past. There was a huge area dedicated Lego crafts including a moving Lego R2D2. Also, there was an area that I have never been to before that had a bunch of models and figure. They were crazy detailed; one had so much detail you had to look inside of rooms or spaceships. This one I took a picture of is hard to tell, but inside the ship there are cows and fences and an alien, it’s just crazy detailed. These people are lucky I had enough self control not to steal this Venom.






 We eventually made it to this area where they had an awesome TARDIS, Faith in the TARDIS, I like it, I want a crossover.
 Later that night I went to the ECCC Live Art Event which was super awesome, it’s the first time I have gotten to go, since I recently turned 21. The party was a lot of fun, people in cosplay, artistes on stage painting, drinks, dancing, and friends.  I hung out with my friend Kindra who coincidentally owns the same dress, although she did not wear it.





SATURDAY I cosplayed Supergirl! While I was getting ready my attention was brought to twitter where Yaya Han retweeted one of my tweets where I had wrote that “I had found the Yaya Han booth”, BUT apparently autocorrect secretly changed booth to booty….  oh well, she thought it was funy
I walked around a lot with my friend Amanda who wore her daedric armor. Saturday was incredibly packed which made walking around really difficult and hot, especially with Amanda who had a big helmet and axe. But eventually we made it to Yaya Han’s booth and just said hi and got a picture. Later I did a photo shoot with Raimux Creations and it turned out pretty awesome! I want moar!!!! Haha. But I think the most important thing here is when we were leaving we saw these PUPPIES THAT WERE THE CUTEST THING IN THE WORLD. I’m not kidding, they were the fluffiest, smallest, cutest things ever. I was freaking out. If you couldn’t tell…..





Sunday I dedicated to getting a signature from Alan Tudyk and a picture with Mark Shepard. I got to the line for Alan and it was capped so they told me I couldn’t get in until later, which was a problem because the picture with Mark was in a couple hours. I eventually got in and out of Alan’s line, which he was super cool and nice, but if you know me you know I get flustered around celebrity people, so I’m not sure I kept my cool haha. I headed straight to the photo area to get a picture with Mark, but by the time I got there his line was apparently over, and I wasn’t able to get a picture with him :C Very sad.

I saw alot of really cool cosplayers, and the con even had some posters about anti-harassment of cosplayers which was pretty cool of them.










Overall it was a really fun convention! They had lots of great guests, good booths, and a variety of things to do.  I would only suggest making it less crowded somehow or finding a better way to direct the flow of traffic in-between the booths. I got three different pieces of art 


I didnt get their name T_T

No comments:

Post a Comment