Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Angel Quote Inspires Pro-gay Russian Woman

Being in the midst of the Olympics has many people focusing on sports you have probably never heard of, like Biathlon (people ski and then take a quick break to shoot some targets then go back to skiing, right, who knew). Anyway, I am sure many of you are aware that most of Russia is very disapproving  and not accepting of homosexuality. Earlier in February Jon Stewart had Jason Jones go over to Sochi to interview both politicians and the people about their feelings on homosexuality. Besides a more or less resounding "no" to even the slightest tolerance there was one shining light of hope from an adorable lady who felt that she should do the most she can to made a difference. What makes this so interesting to me is that she pulls her inspiration to stay strong from Angel. I have to say this was the last thing I saw coming when I watched this clip, not to mention that the quote is one I had never really thought twice about when watching the series. "If nothing we do matters, all that matters is what we do."(Season 2 Episode 16: Epiphany) It is a very small piece of a much bigger quote and to me an unusual place for a Russian woman to draw inspiration. But I love it! I think it proves that what may be inspirational to one person may mean something completely different to another. But it is important to hang onto the inspiration, and I am a proud Angel fan to know that this show can inspire anyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment